I love to go a-wandering off the beaten track,
and as I go, I love to sing, my knapsack on my back.
Val-di-ree, Val-di-rah,
Val-di-ree, Val-di-rah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha
Val-di-ree, Val-di-rah,
My knapsack on my back.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

July 4th Hike up Mount Townsend

July 4th was a Wednesday, and since I had the day off, I decided to hike up Mt. Townsend. I wasn't sure if I would encounter any snow so early in the year. I did find some snow, but it wasn't enough to block my way...mostly snowy patches where the trail was still in the trees.

The weather was patchy clouds, and I never really got a good view from the mountain. Luckily, I climbed this mountain last summer and I remember the views.

It took me about 2 1/2 hours to get to the top and an hour and a half to get to the bottom. I felt good and strong, and my knees didn't bother me. A really good hike to start the summer.


 I set the 10-second timer on my camera to get these photos of me walking up the trail in the fog.


The view from the top was mostly clouds with occasional glimpses of the surrounding mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment