I love to go a-wandering off the beaten track,
and as I go, I love to sing, my knapsack on my back.
Val-di-ree, Val-di-rah,
Val-di-ree, Val-di-rah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha
Val-di-ree, Val-di-rah,
My knapsack on my back.

Monday, September 3, 2012

Mount Townsend hike with Larry Riggs

On Labor Day, Larry Riggs visited us from the Bay Area. We left the house about 7:45 and got to the Mount Townsend trailhead by 9:10. It was a clear, cool day. perfect for a hike.



We toiled slowly up the trail. It's a good trail but pretty steep all the way. We took lots of breaks and arrived at the top about 1:20. The views were great all around.






 There were a lot of people at the top, including a family with three little kids.



We started down at 2:10, and got home by 6:00. Katy had a fresh-baked apple pie waiting for us, which we dug into after a dinner of shishkebabs from the charcoal grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment