I love to go a-wandering off the beaten track,
and as I go, I love to sing, my knapsack on my back.
Val-di-ree, Val-di-rah,
Val-di-ree, Val-di-rah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha
Val-di-ree, Val-di-rah,
My knapsack on my back.

Monday, July 4, 2016

Lower Gray Wolf Trail July 4, 2016

On the Fourth of July, Guy and I hiked up the lower portion of the Gray Wolf River near Sequim.

I woke Guy up at 7:15, but he was sleepy most of the day. We left the house at 8:10 and started hiking at 9:50. The trail starts out on an old logging road and descends into the Gray Wolf Valley. We found Two-Mile Camp whcih looks like a lovely campsite for a future trip. We continued on up the river and the trail that goes up and down. We passed Cliff Camp and continued until the trail started to climb steeply. This trail ends a little further because a bridge is out.

We had lunch at TwoMile Camp and were back to the trailhead by 2:05. Home by 3:45




No comments:

Post a Comment